September 18, 2009

The Graveyard by Neil Gaiman

I can't believe it, but it took me over a month to finish this book! It was enjoyable, but slow at points. I found the ending to be the most entertaining and exciting part of the book. Only in the very beginning and the ending of the book did I find compassion for the main character. The story is interesting and quite creative; however, I wonder if my focus on the new school year kept me from enjoying the book more.

The information below is from a previous post where I mentioned what I was currently reading.....
This book received the 2008 Newbery Award - which is bestowed for most distinguished contribution to American literature for children. If you recall the name of the book, it might be because I included an excerpt for this particular book in your summer reading list. Furthermore if the author sounds familiar, it is because he is the author of Coraline, which just came out at the movies. I'm only on chapter two, but I'm loving it so far. Also, his website, http://www.neilgaiman.com/, is pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment